This item has been shown 72 times.
The ZyWALL USG 50 is a Unified Security Gateway, integrated with complete, enterprise-level and advanced security solutions designed for Small/Medium Business (SMB) recommended for up to 10 PC users. Its flexible configuration helps network administrators set up the network and enforce security policies more efficiently. With certified by ICSA SPI Firewall and IPSec VPN, the ZyWALL USG 50’s security features also include IPSec VPN, SSL VPN, Firewall, Content Filter, Anti-Virus and IDP (Intrusion Detection and Prevention) for maximum network security protection. It also provides bandwidth management, for QoS of VoIP or mission critical applications, Multiple-WAN Failover and Load Balancing. Moreover, IPSec VPN and SSL VPN design for telecommuters and home workers can access data more easily and safely at home. Remote access with SSL VPN requires only a standard web browser. ZyWALL USG 50’s excellent throughput is the key to implement features of an enterprise level to provide a full-time, non-stop and secure service.
From the Manufacturer
Big Security for Small Businesses -Unified Security Gateway ZyWALL USG20W
The ZyWALL USG50 is a Unified Security Gateway designed to provide complete, enterprise-level advanced security solutions to Small and Home Office networks, recommended for up to 10 PC users. Its flexible configuration is designed to help network administrators efficiently set up, manage, and enforce network security policies.
The USG50 features a 180Mbps throughput ICSA certified SPI Firewall, and is designed with state of the art security features including a granular, easily manageable Content Filter; choice of ZyXEL or Kaspersky Anti-Virus; Anti-Spam; and IDP (Intrusion Detection and Prevention) for maximum network security. It also provides bandwidth management for QoS of VoIP, videoconferencing, and other important applications, as well as multiple-WAN Failover and Load Balancing. IPSec, SSL, and L2TP* VPN functionality allows telecommuters and home workers quick and easy access to corporate resources with most any device or network setup.
Built with powerful Integrated High Performance Security architecture designed for Gigabit connections, a VPN throughput of 90Mbps, a UTM throughput of 24Mbps, up to 10,000 max sessions and 10 concurrent IPSec VPN tunnels, the USG50 has the power to monitor and protect even high-throughput networks without sacrificing performance.
With 4x Gigabit LAN/DMZ and 2x Gigabit WAN interfaces you can load balance and failover multiple ISP links, allowing you to safeguard even the largest high-bandwidth environments.
- Comprehensive threat protection with firewall, VPN, anti-virus** content filtering** anti-spam, and intrusion detection and prevention**to secure networks against front line threats.
- Robust hybrid VPN (IPSec, SSL, and L2TP*)
- Easily connect with mobile devices
- IPv6 Support
- QoS options for latency-sensitive applications
- Compatible with Vantage Reporting and Management software
- 30day trial of the antivirus software
* Enabled by ZLD3.0 firmware upgrade
** Yearly subscription required
Flexible, secure VPN options
The USG50 is designed to allow secure VPN connections no matter what device or network settings are being used. IPSec VPN support allows secure connections to branch offices, partners, and headquarters; road warriors and telecommuters can use SSL to securely access the company network without having to install VPN software.
Easy Mobile Access
The new ZLD3.0 firmware upgrade enables L2TP support on all USG devices, making it easy for Android, iOS, and other mobile devices to establish VPN tunnels to remote networks directly from their native settings.
Comprehensive frontline threat protection
The USG50 employs a comprehensive suite of security systems to proactively protect networks from threats before they ever reach networked devices.
- ZyXEL’s anti-spam service eliminates spam, phishing, virus, and malware e-mail threats before they ever reach company inboxes while ensuring legitimate messages don’t get lost in the deluge.
- Administrators can choose between BlueCoat and Commtouch web filtering services to allow administrators to quickly and easily block websites both by category and by specific URL in order to protect networks from inappropriate web traffic, as well as to prevent viruses and spyware from forcing computers on a protected network to ‘phone home,’ saving bandwidth and preventing security breaches.
- ZyXEL’s signature-based Intrusion Detection and Prevention service allows network administrators granular control over the network functionality of specific applications while providing an added layer of defense from the most dangerous Trojans and backdoor applications on the internet today. With support for up to 2,500 signatures for the most common threats, IDP provides a powerful defense against threats to your network – both from the outside and from within.
- Gateway virus protection acts as a first line of defense from the worst viruses and malware on the internet. A 24/7 service with constant updates, administrators can choose between ZyXEL’s ICSA-Certified anti-virus or Kaspersky’s award winning virus protection system to keep the most dangerous viruses and malware from ever reaching a protected network.
- The USG50’s Content Filtering service is an integrated security system powered by an administrator’s choice of BlueCoat or Commtouch filtering services. The service is designed to allow administrators to quickly and easily block websites both by category and by specific URL in order to protect networks from inappropriate web traffic, as well as to prevent viruses and spyware from forcing computers on a protected network to ‘phone home,’ saving bandwidth and preventing security breaches.
With the advent of the new ZLD3.0 firmware, the USG50 is fully compatible with both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. Full backward compatibility allows VPN tunnels to be created between networks newly upgraded to IPv6 and older IPv4 networks, ensuring a seamless transition and painless network upgrades.
The USG50’s network optimization functionality makes it far more than a network security device. Support for multiple WANs allows the USG to load-balance and fail-over, protecting networks from congestion and downtime. Bandwidth management options let administrators prioritize latency-sensitive applications like VoIP and videoconferencing, ensuring high-quality connections without lag or performance issues.
Vantage Management and Reporting
The USG50 supports the use of ZyXEL’s Vantage CNM and Vantage Reporting software, allowing centralized management and monitoring of multiple ZyWALL devices on a single network.
Vantage Reporting offers a comprehensive set of real-time and historical reports including firewall attacks, bandwidth usage, website usage, and more - all organized into an automated, easy-to-read format that can be viewed from anywhere. Administrators can use this data to easily identify security problems and their causes and take prompt action.
Vantage CNM provides a suite of diagnostic and management tools that allows management of multiple ZyWALL devices from a centralized interface, reducing the time, cost, and complexity involved in VPN and security management. VPN monitoring allows network administrators to actively troubleshoot VPN problems as they occur, while centralized configuration of UTM functionality allows network administrators to manage license subscriptions, update devices, and isolate and repair security problems across all ZyWALL devices on a network.
Track Page Views With
Auctiva's FREE Counter