This item has been shown 39 times.
Custom Apple macOS Server Solution with Watchguard Firewall:
Highly Secure macOS Server and Watchguard Firewall, PrivateInternet Hosting and/or Back Office, Custom Server Solution.
- Total Management of the server is also availablewith our optional service agreement, making this an affordable and completely managed server solution for small to medium enterprise.
- This listing is a Deposit payment for an entry level,Apple macOS Serversystem pre-installed and configured for your organization, on aMac Mini Computer. Also included is aWatchguard Firebox T15 Enterprise Grade Firewall. This server can be used for a Small to Medium Enterprise organization size of 1 to 50 (or more) users. There are no licensing limits, so potentially this server could service millions of requests a day. There is no limit for email accounts or website. The server data can be easily moved to a more powerful Mac, in the future, if necessary.
- The server comes pre-configured for use as aPrivate internet eMail Server,WordPress(Apache) Server, Private Messaging Server, File Server, Database Server and more. In fact macOS works with most popular OpenSource software applications and server services. The final configuration will require the buyer to provide information in order to bind the server to an internet Domain name (yourbusiness.com), or use it offline in your office only or via VPN.
- The $2,500 Price of this listing is a Deposit for a Custom Built Mac Mini and Watchguard Firebox T15 Firewall, pre-configured as a server and protected with a firewall device. It will take a week to prepare the client documents and exchange necessary information, and then it may take up to a month to obtain the equipment, configure the devices for use in your organization and shipp it to the buyer.
- The Server will be shipped to the customer, and the customer will be expected to be able to connect the server to the firewall and power, and the firewall to power and the internet modem.A static IP is highly recommended for hosting email and websites, but is not required.
- After the deposit payment is made, I will provide the buyer with a document that includes instructions and a form for the required information. This Document will also outline an optional 1 or 3 year Service Agreement, with discounted rate. There are also other options like Firewall licensing terms and AppleCare for the Mac Mini Hardware. Further Options like a Drobo for attached storage, and server Co-Location Hosting are also available. Technical support provided to the customer by Phone, eMail or Website. You are not required to purchase expansion or upgradeitems from me, but I will charge standard labor rate to install or 'correct' it.
- The instructions and details will be provided to the buyer at the end of the sale. There will be a 7 day return period while we exchange information and prepare to configure the server. If 7 days passes and no communications or documents have been exchange, the purchase will be canceled and the deposit payment returned in full. After the 7 day period, the deposit will not be returnable for any reason, if the buyer is unable to complete the necessary tasks, outside help may be required and additional labor may be required. The server and firewall will be shipped regardless of the configuration status. Our standard labor rate is $100.00 USD per hour for remote clients without a service agreement.
This is the Ideal Replacement for a 'Microsoft Windows Small Business Server'. I have professionally supported, and still do, Microsoft Windows Small Business Server for more than 15 years. I am quite familiar with managing private eMail servers, and all of the caveats it includes. A while back Microsoft decided to discontinue 'Windows Small Business Server', and try to force the users onto the cloud service Office 365. Personally, I very much dislike Office 365, or relying on any cloud services as a primary workflow or information sources (like eMail and Accounting), so I have always used a private mail server, and the end of SmallBusiness Server will not change that. I started to qualify and test Apples MacOS Server solution over 3 years ago, and I have developed a solution using these products that makes a very reliable, secure and private email server solution, that will work for many small businesses.
My clients so far, are very happy. However, additionalchanges to Apple's macOS server productare coming, but Im not too worried about its effect, Apple has outlined a detailed migration plan, so there may be additionallaborrequired in the near future to update to the new server product. For customers with our standard service agreement, his may exceed the included 2 hours per month, if so, customers will be billed for additionallabor hours.
I know I am not the only one who wants a private email server, because there are estimates of over one million small business servers still in use today, and they all need to be replaced, soon! This is my solution...
Please feel to contact me with pre-sales questions, however I am busy and our customer's needs come first, so please allow as much as a day or two for my reply.
Drobo not included in this offer.